You may recognize this fresh faced beauty from a popular show. This talented actress came to Dr.Curves Spa to cure her troubled skin. Our expert esthetician devised a personalized plan to heal and perfect this beauty’s face. In the beginning of the video you can see signs of acne and scarring. After getting a glycolic peel, much of that is gone. You then see her getting microdermabrasion which takes care of the rest. These are easy, natural treatments that yield great results. Call our office today to schedule your appointment 678-205-8400
What is a chemical/ glycolic peel?
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which makes it “blister” and eventually peel off. The new skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peels can be done on the face, neck, or hands.
They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Minimally Invasive Procedure
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer.
What microdermabrasion can do
- Improve age spots and black heads
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin)
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.